Speech And Language Therapy
Treatment in the context of speech-language disorders does not mean medical treatment. It refers to rehabilitation, teaching, counseling or behavior modification.
Clinic with its experienced speech-language pathologists offers treatment for a variety of speech & language disorders. Highlights of the treatment are:
- Treatment of systematic and scientific lines
- Customized treatment to suit patients’ specific needs
- Involvement of significant others in the treatment process
- Use of state of art equipment. Regular monitoring to assess the efficacy of treatment
- Assistance with academic and vocational placement
Speech and language therapy is available for:
Speech dysfluencies: Aims to modify the rate of speech, regulate breathing and reduce muscle tension. Over the last few decades, the Institute has successfully treated a large number of Persons With Stuttering (PWS)
Articulation & Phonological Disorders: Aims at improving intelligibility of individuals’ speech. Institute has software programs for providing therapy for these disorders
- Voice: Aims to reach the patients’ optimal pitch, loudness, and quality
- Language therapy: Aims to rehabilitate individuals with language impairments (such as, Specific Language Impairment (SLI), Aphasia, Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD), etc.), by adopting a multi-modal stimulation approach (i.e., auditory, visual, tactile)
Speech & Language problems in Kids
Speech & Language - Early Milestones Chart
- Reduced occlusion
There are number of speech disorders an individual suffer from and with help of speech pathologists it is possible to treat the disorders. Some of the disorders include:
- Fluency Disorder – It involves problems related to speech fluency and is most stuttering issues. The speech flow is interrupted due to abnormal stoppage. The speech has extended sounds and syllables with more use of ssssss.
- Articulation Disorder – It is one of the common problems faced by people where an individual finds it difficult to pronounce a word correctly. The word is incorrectly spelled and not understood easily. It is also related to difficulty in producing sounds.
- Resonance Disorder – This kind of speech disorder is related to problems related to pitch, volume, voice quality etc. This generally lacks clarity in speech and may cause pain or discomfort for the speaker for putting extra effort.
- Dysphagia – This involves feeding disorder making it difficult for an individual to drool, eat and swallow food.
Our experienced speech pathologists help in identifying the problem and customise a plan to help treating the disorder. The speech therapy is an important treatment and with right solutions, it is possible to reduce speech related problems.
At Hearing Hope, we provide complete and comprehensive Speech Therapy Services along with customise hearing aid solution.